As a society we are going through a collective trauma. Though we parents are aware that this is impacting our children it's valuable to know that we also are in a position to mitigate the effects of this trauma.
Our team has put together resources which will help you support yourselves and your children in these unprecented times.
Douments to help you. These can be downloaded.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -- Check out this exhaustive list of FAQs - Parenting FAQs during the pandemic: Practical ideas for parents of children in the age group 0-12
- The story of the oyster and the butterfly- a beautiful story that gives children ways to manage their feelings around covid
- My Covid 19 Time capsule gives a format for children to create a journal around what happened in the pandemic
Often , we discipline our children on auto-pilot. Even though we don't want to be harsh we use punishments and rewards to discipline because we don't know any other way. Check out this book that explores positive ways to discipline our children. Punishment Vs. Positive Discipline: Know the Difference. Read in English | Read in Tamil
We have conducted a number of public webinars through this past year to support parents specifically with regards to the pandemic as well as otherwise. here are the links
- Children and socialization during the pandemic
- Finding learning opportunities for children at home
- Digitally Fit : Supporting families in the digital age
Short videos for bite sized perspectives for times of lockdown and stay at home scenarios due to the pandemic
Read an article written by a certified parent educator from our team on Children learn what they live: Role modeling well-being in a time of crisis